SimplySaidReadingAccessories

SimplySaidReadingAccessories

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Interview with Elitess

>


Phyllis Jackson is a graduate of Savannah State University (Savannah, GA) with a BBA in Marketing and a MBA in Public Administration. Phyllis, also known as “The Elitess,” has had a passion for word imagery since 1994. It was that same year in which she wrote her first, award winning poem. Since then, Phyllis has been writing poetry that mainly focuses on the intimacy of the heart, mind, body and spirit. The Elitess’ poems are also based on the life experiences of both men and women. Ms. Jackson’s writings are powerfully vivid on the subjects of self discovery, love, heart ache and growth. In 2007, Ms. Jackson debut book, “Soul Searching Confessions” was published. Her debut book focuses on the nostalgia of our firsts (loves, heartaches, fantasies, self discovery & realization, etc). The Elitess’ hope is that her art reaches the hearts and souls of all who read as well as support her passion. Poems like “Realization,” “Transition,” and “22 to 1,” portray an artistic ideal behind the experiences of many of our lives. In 2010, the second book, Reflection Of A Journey was published.
Interview with Elitess

How long have you been writing?
I have been writing since 1994. My introduction to the artistry of poetry was given at the age of 10.

• What prompted you to write Reflections of A Journey?
I felt compelled to share my life’s story with others. I believe that other people are going through the same things & should know that they are not alone. I, also, needed to display my roots & growth process in my writing, after publishing my debut book “Soul Searching Confessions”.• Your alias is “The Elitess” , why was this name chosen to exemplify who you are as a writer ? Well, people often confuse my name “Elitess” with the term ‘ Elitist”. My name simply means, above average. I do not see myself as being better than anyone, but I do believe that I set myself to a higher standard of life. I make it my business to live, exemplify & deliver greatness in everything that I do. For these reasons, I have been christened as “The Elitess”, but maintain a great deal of humility towards my people.

• What are some of your other projects?
I have had the opportunity to be featured as an Ultra Model Role Model, which has allowed me to reach out to a new market within communities around the world. I am, also, writing monthly poems for One Entertainment Magazine. While embracing all of these great opportunities, I am working to complete my Master’s degree program & working on my third book. “As I Am: Poetic Memoires of the Soul” should be complete by the spring of 2011.

• What are some of the experiences you have gone through as a young black writer?
As a young African American Writer, I have experienced the challenges of self publishing ( self, promotion,editing,managing,etc) I have ,also, experienced the reluctance of acceptance by people who have not initially open to change.

• What words or suggestions would you provide to inspiring writers?
I would suggest that inspiring writers learn the business behind publishing, management, etc. I would also suggest that people should go for what they desire & hope for. Never let anyone stunt your growth or kill your dreams. Only you have the power to stop your progress.

• What are your literary endeavors?
As an author, it is my goal to become a household name. I want to share my experiences & allow them to serve as inspiration to those who are going through similar situations.

Find her at:

http://www.facebook.com/mspljackson

http://www.twitter.com/elitess

http://ArtsofElitess.com

http://www.urbanprofessionals.com


Email: mspljackson@hotmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Excerpt of book

Every Woman’s Dream Man
I can, only, describe you as every woman’s dream man.
You seem to hold every woman’s peaked interest in your hand.
With the tone of your voice & with the sensuality in your
Speech, you, effortlessly, knock even the most jaded
Woman off her feet & makes the strongest of women weak.
You are every woman’s dream man.
The wisdom you provide & the respect you, silently, demand
Arouses the imaginations of an woman that comes through
You’re passing. At first meetings, all females hope
That you’re enticing face & strong embrace w/ them
Will be everlasting because…..
You are every woman’s dream man,
Every lady’s midnight fantasy, epitome of perfection
Every female’s answered prayer & every girl’s
List of wants & needs brought to life. Anyone
Woman would be blessed to be titled as your wife;
That is every woman’s dream & in spite of your
Humility, I know that you know that all that you request
Is at your beck & call…
After all you are every woman’s dream man.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'TotuliPink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP