1. What made you decide to start SG Creations?
I started making graphics as a hobby for myself and friends. I've been doing my own website and newsletters for years. After receiving many inquiring about my services, I decided to do it as a part-time business.
2.How long have you been doing it?
SG Creations became official this past fall.
3.What types of services do you offer?
I create book trailers, websites, book banners (animated & non-animated), advertising banners (animated and non-animated), logos, etc.
4.Who are your clients?
My clients are other authors, publicists, and business owners.
5.What is the most rewarding aspect of your business?
Creating something from scratch and having the customer satisified in the end has been the most rewarding aspect of the business.
6.What has been the most difficult?
It can be difficult when creating images because you're starting with a blank canvas.
7.What has bought you the most joy?
Being able to expand my hobby into a business has brought me the most joy.
8.How do you promote your services?
In the past, my services have been promoted via word of mouth and a tag line at the end of my emails.
9.What do you see people do that drives you crazy? I try not to let what others do affect me too much.
10.Who would you love to work with? Creative people. Too many to name.
11.Who are your mentors?
When it comes to graphics, my mentor would be Kandie Delley. We tend to bounce ideas off each other and she did my banner for The Lip Gloss Chronicles website.
12.What makes your business or service, stand out from the rest?
I cater my services to my clients needs and budget.
13.Are you adding any future services to your business?
None at this time.
14.Do you have a staff or is it all you? It's all me.
15.What do you want people to know about you?
Overall, I love doing anything within the creative field: writing and designing graphic images.
16.What do you want people to know about your business? I created my business because as an author who is on a budget, I realize others are too. I wanted to offer services that would give the person a good product but at a fraction of the cost.
17.When you have completed a project, how do you celebrate? I usually have another project lined up, so there's no time for an official celebration.
18.What has been the most surprising thing you’ve learned from your business? The most surprising thing is that it has grown just within the last six months.
19.Would you change anything about your journey? I would have taken more graphic classes.
20.Do you have any advice for people in business? Yes, make sure you are doing something that you enjoy doing.
21.Success leaves clues, whose clues did you follow? Kandie Delley has offerred some great advice and thanks to her, I didn't have to go through certain pitfalls.
22.What have you realized about yourself since doing this business? I learned that I love doing creative things--whether it's writing or designing.
**Other than the Bible
1.One book that changed your life: Waiting to Exhale by Terry McMillan
2. One book that you've read more than once: Re-Rambled: Food and Thought by Angelia Vernon Menchan
3. One book you'd want on a deserted island Any book filled with Affirmations.
4. One book that made you laugh: Can't recall right now.
5. One book that made you cry: Feels Like Falling by Michelle McGriff
6. One book that you wish had been written: The book I'm writing now.
7. One book you loved to hate: Can't think of one right now.
8. One book that you are currently reading: Don't Blame the Devil by Pat G'Orge Walker
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: Red Hats by Damon Wayons
10. One book you've been meaning to finish: If I start reading a book, I finish it (no matter how long it takes).
11. One guilty pleasure: Bath and Body Works products
12. What’s your theme song? Southern Girl by Frankie Beverly and Maze and Oh Shelia by Ready for the World (a woman has to have two theme songs. LOL)
Sites and Contact information
SG advertising: A customized graphic is a great way to advertise your product or service. Prices are meant to work with any budget.
- Simply Said Reading Accessories
- My main goal is to provide you and your business with elegant ways in representing your work. Sure business cards and fliers are fine to give to customers and potential clients; however give them a complimentary item that will not end up in the nearest trash can.
Sign for the Monthly Newsletter
View the full current issue as a web page, here. Subscribe to Twitter, Skype and AOL Instant Message, by clicking here and making your selection.
Please visit my website
- #shethatfindeth (1)
- A Lovely Day Experience (1)
- A Reverend Curtis Black Novel (1)
- Adeola Saul (1)
- Author Interviews (12)
- Author On Tour (18)
- BET (1)
- Black Pearls Magazine (3)
- Blue Butterfly (1)
- Book Clubs (2)
- Book events Book festivals (4)
- Book festivals (1)
- book games (1)
- Book Promotion (6)
- Book Spotlight (23)
- book thongs (1)
- Bookclubs (3)
- Bookclubs Tribute (1)
- Bookmarks (2)
- Books (2)
- Brown Girl Publishing (1)
- Candy Jackson (3)
- Carol Mackey (1)
- Charlie Wilson (1)
- Cheris Hodges (1)
- Conferences and Events (3)
- Connie Briscoe (1)
- Curtis Bunn (1)
- D. J. McLaurin( (1)
- Dalia Florea (1)
- Debra Owsley (27)
- Donna Hill (1)
- Donna Hill. Lutishia Lovely (1)
- Donna Hill. Zuri Day (1)
- Dwayne S. Joseph (1)
- Electa rome parks (1)
- Ella Curry (7)
- Eric Jerome Dickey (1)
- Featured Articles (10)
- Food Temptress.Valentine food (1)
- Friday Night Love (1)
- Games (1)
- Grand Central Publishing (1)
- Ian Palmer (1)
- Jason Frost (1)
- Joy Avery (2)
- Joyce A Brown (1)
- K'wan (1)
- Kensington books (1)
- Kiera Northington (1)
- Kim Brooks (1)
- Kimberla Lawson Roby (1)
- L. A. Lewis (1)
- Lasheera Lee (1)
- Let The Church Say Amen (1)
- Linda Duggins (3)
- LitVersations (3)
- Locked in Purgatory (1)
- lutishia lovely (3)
- Mama Ruby (1)
- Marian L.Thomas (1)
- Martin's Press (1)
- Mary Monroe (1)
- Messagae From A Mistress (1)
- Mistress No More Debra Owsley (1)
- Monique Mensah (1)
- Nakia Laushaul (1)
- Naleighna Kai (2)
- Nikki Woods (1)
- Niobia Bryant (1)
- Pat G'Orge Walker (1)
- Patricia Raybon (1)
- Paulette Harper (4)
- Portia Cosby (1)
- Reading Accessories (1)
- Regina King (1)
- Rekaya Gibson (1)
- ReShonda Tate Billingsley (2)
- Reviewer (1)
- Roy Glenn (1)
- Sadeqa Johnson (1)
- Selena James (1)
- Shaka Senghor (1)
- Sharon Lucas (1)
- Sharon Lucas.Zane (1)
- She That Findeth (1)
- Shelia Goss (2)
- Sherrle kiser jackson (1)
- Simply Said Reading Accessories (23)
- Simply-said.net (5)
- simpy-said.net (1)
- St (1)
- Stacy Campbell (1)
- Swag Bags (3)
- Tanishia Pearson-Jones (1)
- Tee-Shirts (1)
- The Perfect Affair (1)
- The Prodigal Son (1)
- Tia McCollors (1)
- Tiffany Tyler (2)
- Time Magazine (1)
- Timothy R. Butts (1)
- Tyora Moody (6)
- Victoria Christopher Murray (1)
- Whitaker house (1)
- Wouldn't Change a Thing (Zane Presents) by Stacy Campbell (1)
- www.simply-said.net (1)
- Yolanda Gore (1)
- Yona Riverchild (3)
- Zane (1)
- ► 2015 (28)
- ► 2014 (26)
- ► 2013 (19)
- ► 2011 (26)
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2009 (59)