SimplySaidReadingAccessories

SimplySaidReadingAccessories

Monday, February 14, 2011

THE APPETIZER



Biography:


Striving to establish a new flair to the term contemporary fiction, Ni’cola Mitchell entered the literary scene with one main objective: To Stimulate Your Mind, One Word at a Time. Through her independent publishing company NCM Publishing; Ni’cola published her debut novel entitled OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Much of her work revolves around situations that are a compulsive desire to see women over come challenges. Her next novel THE APPETIZER, when you’re not his main course will be released February 2010.


Ni'cola Mitchell is originally from Kingston, Jamaica. Currently she resides in North Las Vegas, Nevada with her two daughters, Destani and Diamond. She holds a Bachelors degree of Science in Business Management and is currently pursuing a Masters of Business Administration in HealthCare Management.


Ni’cola is also a motivational speaker and consultant. Due to the fact that she is an outstanding representative of Las Vegas’ African-American community, she was selected to be featured in the second edition of Who’s Who in Black Las Vegas. Her novel Over and Over Again was also featured in the top ten by EDC Creations Recommended Reading List for the 2009 fall season under Mainstream Fiction and Women’s Fiction. She is also a member of the national touring group the Literary Sistah’s. When Ni'cola isn't writing, she loves to spend time with her family and volunteer as a mentor for youth activities.


Synopsis:

Three girlfriends with totally different lives; or so they think.


Yazmin

Yazmin and Trey have been together for five years. Yazmin enjoys her life as a stay at home wifey. The couple is also expecting twins. Their life could not have been any more picture perfect, until the day Yazmin was involved in a hit and run accident. Scared for the life of her babies, Yazmin almost goes into shock after she attempts to call Trey, only to be greeted by his wife of the past ten years.

Monae

Monae and Malik have had a drama free long distance relationship for the last two years. Malik is a Marine, and is stationed in San Diego. They both have an understanding that once Monae graduates from UCLA, they will have their dream wedding. While planning an intimate surprise party for two in his apartment, Monae discovers that she is not the only one waiting for “her” man to come home.

Nia


Devaugn is in a relationship, but Nia simply doesn’t care. He is the ideal man, and Nia is convinced that if she works hard enough, she can show him that she is all the woman he needs. Stephanie will be a thing of the past and Devaugn can start taking care of Nia and her three children full time. Or will he?

These three friends all have one thing in common; they are their man’s chick on the side. What happens when a woman finds out she is not her man’s main course? But only his appetizer.



Interviews:

1. Are your characters from the portrayal of real people? What inspired you to write this story?
All my characters are fictional, but I did take situations, mannerisms, and characteristics from real life people to create them.

2. What are THREE adjectives that best describe OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
Emotional, suspenseful, hilarious


3. What are THREE adjectives that best describe YOU?

Intelligent, beautiful, hard worker


4. What issues in today's society have you addressed in the book?

I addressed many issues in this book such as infidelity, deceit, low moral and self worth, sex, lies, relationships, friendship, betrayal, and single mothers.


5. NI'COLA: THE SOUNDTRACK. What are three tracks that would HAVE to make it onto the soundtrack of your life and why?

The first song would be Beauty, by Dru Hill. I believe Beauty comes from the inside. I will do anything for anyone. I go the extra mile at all times. One thing that I am complimented on is how well I treat others. I believe those attributes is what makes a person beautiful.

The second would be No More Rain (In this cloud) by Angie Stone. Just like anyone else in life, I have been through a plethora of trials and tribulations. I had to decide that I was going to be stop letting life harbor me, and press forward. So I consider the cloud me and my life, and I had to learn to stop crying and start living up to the potential that I know that I have. I’m only half way there though. The storm tends to come, but I do not allow for the rain to develop.

The last song would be Queen of the pack by Patra. Being from Jamaica, I know all about struggle. But I had to let people know that I am not accepting anything. The song compares life to a pack of cards. It basically states that I am telling you what I am about, and I am not going back on my word. What ever life brings, I will come out on top, and be the Queen of the pack. I make my own destiny, so you better watch out.

6. What is your most valuable lesson about the publishing industry?
That if you stay grounded, focused, and believe in your self, you can put out a successful book that can hold its own among other works in your genre.


7. You're strutting down the street - not a care in the world, looking like a million bucks; what is your theme song and why?


My theme song would be Everyday I’m hustling by Rick Ross. The title speaks for itself



Over and Over Again Book Trailer:


http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=84ddb55c4d52f5fad3db67&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=email


Appetizer Book Trailer:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPMPi4_bh7Y&feature=youtube_gdata


www.nicolacmitchell.com

www.ncmpublishing.com

www.facebook.com/msnicola

www.myspace.com/nicolacmitchell.com

www.twitter.com/msnicola

www.literarysistahs.com

www.nicola.ning.com

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'TotuliPink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP